The communicator

The communicator

Proverbs 2:6

For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Monday, May 3, 2010

First post

I've started this blog for one main reason: to share with others the wonderful things the Lord Jesus has done for Georgia and I. How he has saved us by His grace, opened our eyes to His precious promises, and taught us how to grow in our love for Him.

The title, "For the Lord giveth wisdom" comes from Proverbs 2:6- It reads "For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding." Many years ago a dear brother, brother-in-law actually, challenged me with several verses. One that has stuck with me the most is Proverbs 3:5. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." The Lord must have been working on my heart for this, because it rang so true! That's it!! I had been trying to trust in the Lord, but in my own strength and with my own wisdom. I can't. You can't. To trust in the Lord means to put away ALL my empty thoughts of how to live, love, etc. Only then can I understand that "the Lord giveth wisdom".

Have you trusted the Lord Jesus for your eternal salvation? If so- can you also trust him to meet your daily needs? If His wisdom (A command from God's word) tells you that lying is an abomination (Proverbs 12:22), but your job requires "white" lies. Can you quit your job and trust in the creator of all things for daily food, clothes, a new job, a place to live? Our understanding might say - No- I can't quit my job. I have a family, bills, etc. However- if God calls us out of this, then we should TRUST Him completly to meet our needs, and then obey!

P.S. - to date- my senior year of English was 19 years ago. These blogs will contain MANY errors. I'm sorry. Georgia could proof these for me first, but I'm not likely to take the time for that.

Also- we may share some of our family life. Not so much who won what prizes, but anything we think might be of some encouragement. Family relationships help us understand even more about who God is. Everything from trusting God for children- to the husband/wife picture of Jesus and His church.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment